Comedian Raju Srivastava died on Wednesday after more than 40 days in the hospital following a cardiac arrest while working out in the gym. He was fifty-eight years old. Srivastava was admitted to the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi on August 10.
Here are five key facts about Raju Srivastava:
· He was born as Satya Prakash Srivastava on December 25, 1963 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. According to IMDb, his father Rameshchandra Srivastava was a poet.
· At school, he imitated his teachers. Raju Srivastava has done small roles in Bollywood movies like Salman Khan starrer Maine Pyar Kiya, Shah Rukh Khan's Baazigar and Bombay To Goa.
· He got his big break with the comedy show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, which aired on TV between 2005 and 2017. All the lovers in his opinion Gajodhar and Manohar.
· The comedian married a Sikha from Lucknow in 1993. The couple has two children - a girl named Antara and a boy named Ayushman.
· The Samajwadi Party fielded Kanpur's Raju Shrivastav for the 2014 general elections but returned the ticket. The comedian joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in March, 2014.